Thursday 29 November 2012

Daily Smooth: Dru Hill - In My Bed

Sisqo, Nokio, Woody, Jazz - what can I say, Dru Hill are an amazing band, and to mark my first Daily Smooth post in what seems like forever, I had to bring it.

Sisqo sings lead on this song from Dru Hill's debut self titled album.

I've always loved Sisqo's voice (all you 90s kids should know the infamous Thong Song) but found out about Dru Hill retrospectively - I was only 6 years old when their first album came out.

This song is all about a woman that has clearly slighted Sisqo by cheating on him, and because this is R&B and not gangsta rap, singing a song about it is the preferred method of dealing with it rather than popping a cap in a muthafucka's head.

These rules however don't apply to R.Kelly (Just watch Trapped in the Closet to see what I'm referring to) - he'll draw his Beretta on you for looking at him the wrong way!

As for the video - wow just watch the dance moves and the attire.
Enjoy this 90s gem.

In My Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment