Monday 21 January 2013

Daily Heavy: Comeback Kid - Wake The Dead

It took me a while to get into/appreciate hardcore punk, but after I saw Comeback Kid supporting Parkway Drive in concert, I was converted.

They rocked and the energy they had on stage had to be seen to be believed.
It was so impressive to see a punk band in the middle of a mostly metalcore and deathcore lineup - they got the crowd going more than any of the other supports.

When they played this song, the pit went f**king nuts!

And I'm sure you can hear why - chant-a-long choruses, catchy guitars and relentless drumming at a very high tempo just makes you want to mosh hard.

I checked out some of CBK's other material and it is seriously good stuff. The album Wake The Dead is brilliant and opened my ears to a whole genre of music I thought was just basic guitars and shouty lead singers - how wrong was I?

Wake The Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment