Thursday 28 March 2013

Daily Heavy: Vext - In The End

Vext is the eponymous band of vocalist Tommy Vext (formerly of Divine Heresy).

For me it is like a prog-metal allstar lineup - Angel Vivaldi on guitar, Bill Fore and Andrew Jacobs (from Mutiny Within) on drums and bass respectively.

The band's debut EP, Impermanence, is only 4 tracks long, but is top quality metal.

I knew Tommy Vext had a cracking voice from being a Divine Heresy fan, but even I was shocked by the vocal range he exhibits in this new project.

This song is catchy and somehow reminds me of a Killswitch Engage song.
Vext combines some light screams with soaring clean vocals and the layering of Vivaldi's guitars is majestic.

The guitar solo is tasteful as ever - something Angel Vivaldi has come to master.

This song has such a "big" sound to it - it is mixed so well - the bass can be heard and provides such sonic depth to this song.

This is something that a lot of modern metal bands neglect and as a result I feel that their songs end up sounding thin.

If Vext continues down this path, I will be highly anticipating their forthcoming album.

In The End

No comments:

Post a Comment