Thursday 4 October 2012

Daily Ghetto: Tempz - Next Hype

OH SHIT!!!!!

Teeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmppppzzzzz!!!

Ok now that I've got that out my system, those of you that follow my blog knew this was coming after the JME post a few days ago.

This song has become the song that UK DJs play to get a club pumped.

Everyone screams the line "Won't get none of your CDs back".

I know all the words to this grime anthem and when the alcohol is flowing and this comes on I go nuts, skank out hard and spit Tempz' furious bars at the top of my voice.

Let's not beat about the bush, Tempz is fundamentally a rubbish grime MC when compared with the likes of Kano, Wiley, Skepta, Ghetts and Devlin, but for this song and this song alone he has earned himself grime immortality.

The video - WOW!

Tim Westwood at the beginning and his par table always crack me up, and then Tempz just goes off.

I love how low-rent the whole thing is - set on an estate, fake fighting, Tempz working out in the gym and they couldn't even afford an HDTV to match the line in the song - classic.

You've got to give it to Tempz for looking like a hench, scary mofo you wouldn't cross, but then at the same time sporting a high-top fade, a Pars R' Us t-shirt and skanking out like someone's just jabbed him with a shot of adrenaline.

Next Hype

No comments:

Post a Comment