Wednesday 24 April 2013

Daily Ghetto: Kanye West, Jamie Foxx and Twista - Slow Jamz

I haven't dropped a really massive ghetto tune in a while, so I thought it was time to pull out a big gun from Kanye's legendary debut album, The College Dropout.

This song blends Foxx's soulful voice and Kanye's relaxed flow over an amazing beat. Kanye produced this song, and really I feel that his best work comes in this capacity rather than as a rapper - don't get me wrong he is a great rapper, but an outstanding producer; I can't think of a weak Kanye beat!

Jamie Foxx adds a nice touch to the bridge section of this song as he name-checks some classic artists, and then Twista comes in.

What can I say about Twista - for a while he was recognized as the fastest rapper of all time, and although since surpassed in speed, there are very few rappers who combine his speed, flow and clever lyricism. The bars he drops in this song have become what everyone looks forward to hearing when this song comes on.

I cannot stress how good The College Dropout is - this is one of many top flight songs on that album. This song also features on Twista's Kamikaze, which is a showcase of his superior rapping ability over some nasty beats.


No comments:

Post a Comment