Saturday 18 August 2012

Daily Ghetto: Chamillionaire - Ridin'

There's a bit of a story behind this song:

Back in 2005 I went to Jamaica to work for my great uncle for 3 weeks.
My absolute DON of a cousin, Nathan, had all the freshest tunes from the USA pumping on his car stereo. We would drive around Kingston in the height of summer, windows down and Chamillionaire blasting. I went back to the UK having heard this song, that hadn't even hit urban radio stations Choice and 1xtra - I felt like a BAWZ.

I love this song because as well as having some hard bars from Krayzie Bone in the second verse, it always makes me think of the fantastic time I had in Jamaica.

As a tribute of sorts Ridin' always gets blasted whenever I'm driving around London and I feel like getting hyped up.

This is Chamillionaire's biggest hit by a long way.
Wind your car window down and blast this as loud as possible.

I've linked to the proper version of the song  - not the pussy edited version the record label made Chamillionaire record for the music video.

Ridin'

No comments:

Post a Comment