Thursday 30 August 2012

Daily Heavy: Slipknot - Duality

The biggest band to come out of the whole nu-metal craze of the late 90s?
I think so. Sorry Korn and Limp Bizkit.

This whole genre gets a lot of flack from "real metal fans", but I'm proud to say I love nu-metal in all its guises.

I'm a sucker for brutal down tuned guitar riffs and punishing bass.

I've chosen to post Duality as the first Slipknot song on this blog purely because it is the first of song that I heard from them.

In fact I saw the video - the crazy one where the band and hoards of their fans absolutely destroy someone's house.

Something has to be said that bands that don't take themselves too seriously, but have the balls to do things like:
Wear masks, hit bins with baseball bats, have copious amounts of pyrotechnics at concerts - and give each other special band numbers, instead of names.

You can't mistake Slipknot for any other band - in neither appearance nor sound.
Hate them or love them, they are a huge band with a massive, borderline obsessive following.

Expect plenty more from Slipknot in the future.

Duality

No comments:

Post a Comment