Friday 10 August 2012

Daily Smooth: New Edition - Can You Stand The Rain

After having posted a Boyz II Men song for my last Daily Smooth, it was only right to put up a song from the original legendary boyband.

New Edition were a bit before my time - I was born in '90 - but when I realized that this group inspired Boyz II Men to form, I knew that I needed to check them out.

In case you haven't realized it yet this group is jam-packed with talent:

Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins and Ronnie Devoe formed Bell Biv Devoe while New Edition were on a break in the early 90s.
(Scrubs fans - you know them even if you think you don't)

Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill are two of the best lead singers period.

Oh, and to round them out Bobby Brown was an original member.

BOBBY BROWN... need I say more!

This song is lead by Johnny Gill - his voice is just too smooth.
The harmonies as the song progresses, as well as Ralph Tresvant's soaring vocals, tip this song over the edge.

The album it comes from, Heart Break, is phenomenal - give it a listen, and enjoy one of its best tracks.

Can You Stand The Rain

2 comments:

  1. Then you get into the east coast family: Boys II Men, ABC, BBD (Bel Biv Devoe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even want to get into that in my post lol!! =D

      Delete