Thursday 27 December 2012

Daily Heavy: Times Of Grace - Live In Love

So I'm back from my two week blogging holiday - busy with work and Christmas.

I'm returning with one of my favourite songs from last year.
Times of Grace is a side project of Killswitch Engage guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz and singer Jesse Leach.

With Adam handling all the instruments, composition and production, and Jesse on vocals, they produced one of the best metal releases of last year.

Much more melodic than most of their Killswitch Engage material, Times Of Grace had so many songs with catchy choruses, killer riffs and well written lyrics.

This song is my pick from an outstanding album - that opening riff is so chunky sounding and groovy, and Jesse Leach's voice is showcased very well in this song, going from soaring and powerful cleans to emotive screams.

This album has really set the bar very high for the next Killswitch release - hopefully they can match it!

Live In Love

No comments:

Post a Comment